Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Hey Blog!


So as you know, I still haven't decided on my subject yet but I haven't let that begin to hinder my progress. I have started brainstorming and taking inspiration from other artists' music videos in order to create a vision for my own. What I do know is that no matter what genre or artist I pick, I want to be sure that the final product of the music video is colorful and promotional. Those are the two aspects that are most crucial to me.

Last year in AS Level when we had to create our own music videos and do a branding project for a made up artist we learned about the various types of music video sales that there're, namely: promotional, story telling, performance based, abstract, and the possible combination of those few. My vision for the video is to just focus around the artist to limit the amount of people needed for the production. I'd like to shoot all in one day if possible just because I know very soon I'll be crunched for time. Also, another one of the main reasons I wanted to choose a promotional video is because I think with the particular purpose of the project its more important to focus and highlight the artist for publicity and branding reasons. 

here are some examples of videos that I took inspiration from for the promotional and colorful vision. 
Dua Lipa- New Rules

Dua Lipa- My Love

Jaden Smith- Fallen



No comments:

Post a Comment