Friday, March 1, 2019

First Feedback Day


Hey Blog,

Today we had an awesome feedback session in class that was extremely helpful. We started out helping each member of our groups (just like last year) by giving them feedback and ideas that would help improve their blogs and overall productions. When it came to be my turn to receive feedback from my group I was a little nervous to tell them what i had come up with so far. I described to them my intention of using a song that I would write and produce and then use someone else's image to develop a brand identity. As I described my idea to them, they immediately disapproved of my idea and could tell that I was not at all enthusiastic about my plan. My group ultimately convinced me to use my personal artist profile for my promotion package.
 For about about two years now I have been writing and producing my own Syn-Pop/ R&B music under the artist name "$K". I was apprehensive at first of using myself for the project because I didn't want it to seem as though I was trying to  take the easy way out by selecting myself. However, my thinking was quickly changed after today's feedback. My group assured me that choosing myself to do the promotion on myself would not only be more impressive, but it would be more fun. They went into detail about how the production process would be made easier because I will ultimately require less dependency on others for my information and production process. However, the trouble that comes with subjecting myself is making sure that I document my process extensively to show that I am the one doing the work (for example in the video production).  Allowing the opportunity for self reflection would make for a much more interesting and thorough project that fully embodies the likeness of myself. Also, the challenge that comes with trying to depict my brand accurately will show more commitment to the project and my passion for the music industry because I will have to view myself from an outsider's perspective, both my strengths and weaknesses, in order to build a brand that goes beyond how I perceive myself.

Overall ,I am extremely excited about the path that I'm on. Now that I have solidified my subject, it's going to be smooth sailing from here on out. My next steps are going to be creating a production schedule as well as redirecting the focus/look of my blog so that it fits more inline with my brand and genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment