Thursday, April 4, 2019

Digipak/ Print ideas

Hey Blog!


So today I began the creation of my CD packaging and I am kind of on the fence about it. I want to create something that is simple and sleek but still embodies my personality and the intention behind my music. I think the design that I have at this point is alright but not great. I turned to the internet to look for answers about what was typical of a pop artist and their print ads/ cd covers and nearly every one I saw included images of the artist as the main focus of the packaging. Some in particular that I took influence from were

  

These two album covers are almost exactly what I wished my cover to look like. They just feature the artists name or the album name and a vibrant and striking image. 
This is how my design compares to these...

I constructed this cover using the website Canva that allows me to edit and create any and every kind of print media imaginable. I included the name of an imaginary record label on the cover, however I'm not sure if doing so is counterintuitive since the idea of the project is to promote an artist who has yet to be signed to any significant record label. In my next class I'll be showing my classmates asking for their opinions on the work I've done so far and I'll continue to make changes accordingly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment