Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Music Video Filming

Hey Blog

So as you know, I ran in to a bit of a hiccup when it came to filming my music video. I had initially planned to film with my friend Matthew with the intention of creating a very professional and almost industry grade music video with an entire concept planned out. That dream slowly died as filming was continually out off until eventually Matthew let me down #sad. But nevertheless, I persevered and made due with what I could. Instead I called up one of my close friends and asked her for a favor. She agreed to meet with my tonight after school to film. We planned on going to a park at sunset to film. I had basically an hour slot to film because I had a game that ended around 5:30, but was 38 minutes away from home and then I had to tech a show at 7:00pm. So as you can see we were crunched for time. However we made it work and filmed everything within 25 minutes and I made it to my show on time. The best part of the whole experience was the reality setting in that this is probably what the entertainment industry is like: short deadlines, backed up schedules, and no rest periods between events.

Overall, the final product that I was able to produce on such a short notice was pretty good. To make up for the lack of content in the video I used to iMovie to create some cool visual aspects in the video such as overlays and color changes. From the start I knew that the video was going to be very minimal and I wanted it to highlight $K. I think I was successful in sticking with my intended original plan and was able to come up with a product that I am proud of all before the deadline, despite the challenges I faced. I'll be posting a link to my video below as well as posting one in my my final posting with all of my final product links.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXJAvSRdUkE

No comments:

Post a Comment